Thursday, January 29, 2009

Help Me Wanda!

Referring to something as being "gay," "fruity" or any likeness there of in reference to it being dumb...is dumb. The adcouncil's campaign is very current and necessary, however the choice of spokespersons is, uh, iffy to say the least. Wanda Sykes and Hilary Duff are not A-List stars that hold clout with the majority of the young demographic.

Hilary Duff is not effective. She is an ex-Disney wash-up star that kids don't connect to, especially males, who make up the bulk of individuals that make such references. The stars necessary not only need to be more mainstream, but they need to be cool so that kids see that cool folks don't make such rude references.  

The adcouncil has the right idea by making an interactive campaign using their well styled website and videos to watch. But really, kids don't want to listen to Wanda Sykes or Hilary Duff. I also would think it kinda creepy if Hilary Duff was ease dropping on me and my friends while I was trying on clothes. In her defense, it would also be a bit creepy if I was trying on women's clothes at a fancy boutique, but still, I'd rather have Christian Bale sneak up on me in a clothing store, hell, he's Batman!

Wanda Sykes is also a terrible comedian and actor. Seeing her in a commercial made me talk about how talentless she is instead of focusing on the issue.

No comments: